Guy Fawkes Night, or Bonfire Night as it’s more commonly referred to, is one of my favourite times of year. Fireworks, sparklers, hot chocolate and toffee apples all make standing outdoors on a freezing November night worthwhile. At this time of year I am all about layers, layers and more layers (of clothes, that is) and I never leave the house without a scarf- I am convinced that an exposed neck is guaranteed to result in a cold. To frost proof the parts of my body that can’t be concealed I’m taking the nourish, protect and treat approach as per my incredibly amateurish 1st attempt at a product collage:
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Body Shop Body Butter– To keep my shins scale free
2. Kiehl’s Lip Balm– Because chapped lips aren’t pretty.
3. Aveda Hand Relief– Brilliant hand cream that soothes my cracked hands beautifully.
4. Avene Soothing Moisture Mask– My thirsty skin just drinks this up and at £11.50 it’s just as good, if not better than the more expensive moisture masks.
5. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm– Because refreshing gel cleansers are for the summer and nothing removes makeup or grime without stripping your skin quite like a balm and a hot, wet flannel/wash cloth. This one is excellent and is fragrance free.
6. Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil– Used underneath my moisturiser like a serum this adds another layer of non-greasy, nourishing, skin softening, scar reducing loveliness.
To all those who don’t give a hoot about what I put in my skin, here’s a picture of some toffee apples: